Since 1st August 2023, the Government’s Heat Training Grant funding has been made available to eligible heating engineers to cover the cost of the OFTEC OFT21-504A Air Source Heat Pump Installation, Commissioning and Servicing qualification at the Grant UK Training Academy (subject to availability).
Through the Heat Training Grant, heating engineers can receive up to £500 worth of heat pump training. Grant UK’s Training Academy is a registered, approved training provider through this scheme and it will be offering funded training to eligible engineers enabling them to complete the OFTEC OFT21-504A Installation, Commissioning and Servicing of Air Source Heat Pumps Qualification at no cost to them at the Grant UK Training Academy in Swindon. Training spaces supported by this funding will be limited and will be available on a first come, first serve basis on bookings made on or after 1st August 2023.
Heating engineers who are interested in accessing the support being offered through the Heat Training Grant, a government backed funding scheme, must meet the eligibility criteria. The criteria include:
– The installer must work for a business of 250 employees or less, or be a sole trader, or is unemployed.
– The installer, or the business they work for, must be certified by a competent persons scheme (e.g. APHC, BESCA, Blue Flame Certification, Gas Safe Register, Certsure/NICEIC, HETAS, NAPIT, OFTEC or Stroma).
– The installer, or the business they work for, must not have received more than £315,000 in government subsidies over the past 3 years.
– The installer must not have received the Heat Training Grant funding for any other heat pump course.
– The Installer must demonstrate competence in the sizing and selection of low temperature systems (i.e. hold one of the following qualifications: OFT21-504D Design of Heat Pump Systems or LCL Level 3 award in low temperature heating & hot water systems in dwellings or BPEC low temperature hot water heating systems (BPEC-LT)
– The Training must be delivered in England.
Further information about the eligibility criteria can be found here.
The aim of the Heat Training Grant is to encourage more heating engineers to become trained in installing and maintaining heat pump systems. By successfully completing the OFT21-504A course, engineers will not only gain the skills they need to install heat pumps but they can become a registered installer, as part of a competent persons’ scheme, being eligible to apply for MCS certification work under the scope of MIS 3005-I.
In addition, installers who attend and complete the OFTEC OFT21-504A qualification with Grant UK will also receive a £125 cashback voucher which they can then redeem against the purchase of their next Aerona³ air source heat pump. (T&Cs apply).
To read more about the OFT21-504A qualification course click here.